Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Friends are Forever

          Your best friend is that one person that you would trust your life with. They are the rock you lean on when things go wrong and the string that let's you fly like a kite when things are going good. Your best friend is the person you shed tears with when you lose something you love and the person you laugh with until your stomach begins to hurt.
          As you go through school, you make friends from doing activities, being involved, and simply being in class together. I have a total of two friends who I have had since kindergarten that I completely trust and tell everything to. Lately a lot of things have been happening that have hindered the way I look at my friends.
Over the years I have learned that teenagers are mean and cruel. I have also learned that the ones you decide to trust the most, seem to be the ones who let you down the hardest. Unfortunately, you can only trust yourself. I can tell you first hand that it absolutely sucks when you lose a friend, but hey i guess if they think they're too good for you then they don't deserve to have a friend like you. The worst thing is when your so-called best friend continually ditches you for their boyfriend even when you know that they aren't good for each other.
          I can definitely say that at times I wish that I was a hermit who doesn't talk to any one and just goes about my own business. But at the same time, if I was a hermit, I wouldn't have ever met the greatest things that has ever happened to me; all the people I call my best friends. Without them i wouldn't be the person that i am today. Someone once told me that "Life puts obstacles in your way so that you can overcome them. The only way to face adversity is to look it in the face and tell it who's boss. People will put you down, but the ones who care will lift you up. Find those ones." This is definitely some of the best advice that i have ever received and I have now passed it onto you, my readers.
          
      

No comments:

Post a Comment